Our members are surveying and spatial professionals who work in the cadastral, civil engineering, and hydrographic surveying, land development, urban design, positioning and measurement, resource management and spatial/GIS fields.
Membership Types and Fees 2022-2023
- Voting -NZ$688 + GST
- Associate -NZ$457+ GST
- Overseas - NZ$278
- Student - Free
- Affiliate - NZ$289 + GST
- Retired - NZ$39 + GST
- Registered Professional Surveyor Fee - NZ$499 + GST
- Registered Professional Surveyor Annual Renewal - NZ$263 + GST.
- Professional Entrance Examination Fees – Members: NZ$1650 + GST; Non-members: NZ$1900 + GST
- Cadastral Law Examination Fees – Members: NZ$280 + GST; Non-members: NZ$380 + GST.
Registered Professional (RPSurv) certification
This certification is offered to members who can demonstrate high levels of competency.
Consulting Surveyors New Zealand
A division of NZIS for business owners and managers of survey practices in New Zealand.
Benefits Of Being A Member
- PUBLICATIONS - monthly newsletters and quarterly magazine and professional journal
- ADVOCACY and CODE OF ETHICS - support for members on important issues
- CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD) - training programmes and courses
- PROFESSIONAL STREAMS - enjoy the support of professional streams and special interest groups
- NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES - attend regular local branch meetings at 16 locations nationwide
- ONLINE PRESENCE - access to your own personal website dashboard and social media
- AWARDS - enter projects into the S+SNZ Award of Excellence and NZ Spatial Excellence Awards
- CONFERENCE - opportunity to attend the annual S+SNZ conference.
S+SNZ Commercial Partner Benefits
GSI INSURANCE PARTNERS
GSI Insurance Partners have partnered with the S+SNZ over the last 7 years and service over 40 land surveying and multi-disciplinary firms. We were the first diamond sponsor and this has enabled the S+SNZ to better support its members and the land surveying profession in general. We work with the S+SNZ on insurance related topics or legislative changes that might impact the profession. Most recent examples include our advice on health and safety changes, construction contracts legislation and individual cadastral survey cover. Read about our partnership.
EIGHTY 4 RECRUITMENT - HUMAN RESOURCE AND RECRUITMENT SERVICES
Eighty4 Recruitment Ltd provides recruitment and human resource consultancy services.
S+SNZ members are eligible to one HR or recruitment consultation free of charge (for up to one hour) from Eighty4 Recruitment. This is a maximum of one per member and company per financial year.
- full HR analysis and review
- building successful teams
- recruitment strategies and best practice
- accessing local and global candidates ready to move
- returning Kiwis
- market map the competition.