The Cadastral Professional Stream (CPS) has been established for members with an interest in, or who specialise in cadastral surveying.
The stream's main role is to facilitate networking and sharing of information and resources related to cadastral surveying.
The goal of the stream is for members to actively participate in the ongoing advancement of knowledge, skills, techniques and resources of cadastral surveying. Members are encouraged to participate through the use of the
Member's Forum, through participation at branch meetings and on special project committees, through providing continuing professional development and seminars and through appointment to the leadership team.
Cadastral Leadership Team
The stream has a leadership team that meets regularly to facilitate activities. The role of the team is defined in the Cadastral Stream Terms of Reference. The leadership team is:
- Karl Wilton, Toitū Te Whenua (LINZ), Wellington (Councillor)
- Hannah Reader, Landpro, Central Otago (Chair)
- Richard Hemi, University of Otago, Dunedin (Tertiary rep)
- Trent Gulliver, Toitū Te Whenua (LINZ), Wellington (LINZ rep)
- Rita Clark, Myall & Co, Christchurch
- Matt Ryder, Cheal Consultants, Taupo
- Toni Hill, Toitū Te Whenua (LINZ), Waikato.
- Andrew Blackman, IDC Group, Auckland.
The leadership team meets online each month to discuss current issues, updating project progress, fostering continuing professional development needs, liaising with other relevant bodies and preparing relevant submissions on behalf of the stream.
Cadastral Surveyors Licensing Board of NZ (CSLB)
The CSLB manages the requirements to become a Licensed Cadastral Surveyor in
New Zealand. Only licensed surveyors are under the jurisdiction of
CSLB. Check to see if a surveyor is licensed and find out more at www.cslb.org.