Become a Member

Join Now

We welcome membership applications

To join, please SIGN UP HERE to gain access to the Personal Membership Application Form or Click on the Membership Type below.

Please remember to choose your Membership Type - usually Student, Associate or Full (Voting) Member.

Before you complete your application, you will need to have ready the following information:

It is important that you choose your preferred Professional Stream, provide your Date of Birth and your Gender.
Upon confirmation of Membership, we will use this information to add you to the mailing lists for your chosen Stream, the Young Professionals Division (if under 35yrs) and Women in Survey & Spatial Division (if applicable).

Please note: This is an initial application only - you may be asked to supply more information.

Overseas Applications

Overseas Membership Applications
Registration for overseas members includes an administration fee of NZ$200 - this fee needs to be paid before your application proceeds. If your application is accepted, we will deduct this amount from your annual membership fee.
Please note - If your application is unsuccessful, this fee will not be refunded. You must create your log in and password by registering so you can complete your application.
Include information on your professional qualifications and experience with your application (you can attach a copy of your Curriculum Vitae or Resume to your online application or email the information to

Moving to New Zealand
Many spatial professionals have moved to New Zealand and find their skills highly valued and transferable. If you are considering this move, first visit for entry to New Zealand requirements.
Overseas Qualifications

If you are coming from overseas and you want to become a Licensed Cadastral Surveyor in New Zealand, you can apply to the Cadastral Survey Licensing Board. They will advise you on the process and payment fee and if necessary, how to obtain a technical qualification comparison if you have a survey qualification obtained at an overseas institution.