S+SNZ has an elected Council and an operational Board. The Council provides governance and advises on the management of S+SNZ affairs through a Letter of Engagement.
The Board is responsible to the Council and the membership for the organisation's health and prosperity. Day to day business activities are managed by the CEO and National Office staff based in Wellington.
Annual General Meeting: November 2022
- Draft Minutes 132nd AGM - 5 November 2021
President, Board and CEO
- Letter of Expectation (Draft) - February 2021
Board and Council Meeting Dates
Survey and Spatial NZ Plans
- Rules of New Zealand Institute of Surveyors Amended - 15 November 2018
- Survey and Spatial NZ Governance manual - May 2022
Audit and Risk Committee
S+SNZ Ethics Committee
- Michael Morris (Wellington)
- Richard O'Flaherty (Auckland)
- Malcolm Hanrahan, Chair (Canterbury)
- Chris Hopper (Canterbury)
- Nicole Alexander (Napier)
The S+SNZ rules are being updated to policy documents. Until all the updates are completed the Rules still apply to members by default.
- S+SNZ Professional Stream Awards Policy (May 2022)
- S+SNZ Policy A11 – Membership
- S+SNZ Policy A19-24 – Conduct of Members
- S+SNZ Policy - Continuing Professional Development
- S+SNZ Policy Admission as a Registered Professional Surveyor
- S+SNZ Commercial Partnership Exclusivity
- S+SNZ Travel Claims and Expenses Policy
Survey and Spatial NZ Guides
A complete guide to assist leaders of branches, streams, special interest groups (SIG) or divisions. It includes support material and templates for all the key functions. The guide and various templates are available in the Members Resources section.
Social Media Guide
A comprehensive guide with useful and practical information for members who are posting individually or planning to get active in social media for their own organisations.