S+SNZ is governed by an elected Council and an operational Board. The Council provides governance and advises on the management of S+SNZ affairs.The Board is responsible to the Council and the membership for the organisation's health and prosperity.
Day to day business activities are managed by the CEO and National Office staff based in Wellington.
The Board sets the medium-term direction of S+SNZ and monitors management's performance on behalf of stakeholders.
The Board ensures;
- there is a strategic direction
- policies, products, services and programmes are appropriate and relevant
- S+SNZ has the capacity to implement policy and manage its affairs
- risks are understood and policies are in place to manage them
- S+SNZ goals, processes and consequent accomplishments are communicated to the Council and members.
Survey and Spatial NZ Structure
Reports from the Survey and Spatial NZ executive
President, Board and CEO
Year Book and Annual Report
- 2018 Year Book and Annual Report
- 2018 - Certified Financial Statements 2018 & Unqualified Audit Report
- 2017 Year Book and Annual Report-Revised
Annual General Meeting: 15 November 2018
- Final Notice of AGM (Thursday 15 November 2018)
- Second Notice of AGM (Thursday 15 Nov)
- First Notice of AGM (Thursday15 Nov)
- Trade Name Remit July 2018
- Memo-Stakeholder Workshop 15 Nov 2018
- Report on Stakeholder Workshop - November 2017
Annual General Meeting: 15 November 2017
Board and Council Meeting Dates
Survey and Spatial NZ Plans
- 2018 Stakeholder Engagement Plan - N.O and Technical
- 2018 Stakeholder Engagement Plan - Council and Board
- 2018 - 2019 NZIS Business Plan
- 2018 - 2019 NZIS Budget
- 2015-20 Strategic Plan
- Rules of New Zealand Institute of Surveyors Amended - 15 November 2018
- NZIS governance review report - 17 October 2018
- NZIS Governance Manual July 2014
- NZIS Governance Review TOR - January 2018
Audit and Risk Committee
NZIS Ethics Committee
- Jeff Needham (Wellington)
- Michael Morris (Wellington)
- Bruce Manners (Wellington)
- Richard O'Flaherty (Auckland)
- Malcolm Hanrahan (Canterbury)
The S+SNZ rules are being updated to policy documents. Until all the updates are completed the Rules still apply to members by default.
- NZIS Policy A126 - Commercial Partnership Exclusivity
- NZIS Policy A10 – Registered Professional Surveyor Admission
- NZIS Policy A11 – NZIS Membership
- NZIS Policy A19-24 – Conduct of Members
- NZIS Policy - Continuing Professional Development
Survey and Spatial NZ Guides
A complete guide to assist leaders of branches, streams, special interest groups (SIG) or divisions. It includes support material and templates for all the key functions. The guide and various templates are available in the Members Resources section.
Social Media Guide
A comprehensive guide with useful and practical information for members who are posting individually or planning to get active in social media for their own organisations.