The Disaster Management and Recovery group is a volunteer group set up to to work with other national organisations in responding to emergency situations as required. The group comprises of survey/spatial professionals drawn from across the various S+SNZ streams. These volunteers can be called on in times of emergency to deliver reliable and consistent measurement and positioning information relevant to needs of the emergency situation.
- Build a coordinated national network of surveying professional volunteers (organisations and individuals) able to respond to immediate disaster recovery needs
- Provide leadership and coordination of volunteer surveyors for information acquisition when a disaster strikes
- Develop a strategy and establish a framework that can stimulate and coordinate volunteer surveying disaster recovery efforts in the event of future disasters
- Connect and raise awareness with national emergency response teams so they understand when and how to call on volunteer surveyors to support a response (and planning)
- Provide basic training for volunteers to ensure they are properly prepared for any future events
- Develop a catalogue of equipment resources that can be accessed to support response requirements
- Adopt policies and standards for volunteer data collection that are interoperable with the needs of broader government response teams.
Link to Application Form: S+SNZ Disaster Response and Recovery Group - Company &/or Personal Volunteer Application Form
- Disaster Response and Recovery Group Recovery - Terms of Reference -v20210608
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Company Charter
- Personal Charter.
Kaikoura-Wellington Earthquake Updates
- Kaikoura Earthquake Coordinate update- 9 November 2017
- LINZ Information for surveyors - Kaikoura earthquakes page
- Kaikoura earthquake-NZ Vertical Datum 2016 Heights
- LINZ Website Update- 14 November 2016
- LINZ Kaikoura Imagery