We celebrate professional excellence with annual S+SNZ Awards and the Awards of Excellence at Gold, Silver or Merit level.
The awards are to:
- celebrate excellence and innovation in surveying and spatial professions
- give recognition to the achievements of members
- provide a medium for informing others of the achievements of members
- promote the work of members and the role of the surveyor
- raise the profile of the professions, both in New Zealand and overseas.
Each year the following are awarded to honour members personal achievements.
- McRAE AWARD - recognises individual effort for the good and benefit of S+SNZ or its members
- BOGLE YOUNG SURVEYOR OF THE YEAR - recognises outstanding services given by a young surveyor
- STATE SECTOR GROUP AWARD - recognises the highest placed candidate in the Cadastral Law examination
- PERCEY DYETT AWARD - recognises the best land development engineering candidate in the Professional Entrance Examinations
- MAURICE CROMPTON-SMITH AWARD - recognises the best set of projects for a Certificate of Competency
- TECHNICIAN AWARD - for significate contribution to S+SNZ and the profession.
- FULTON BEQUESTS - A1: for outstanding service to the profession of surveying; A2: for a written paper of merit; B1: for BSurv with distinction; B2: for a paper or thesis of written merit.
(includes Presidents, Honorary Members, S+SNZ Awards, Fellows, FIG correspondents, Bursaries and Award of Excellence Recipients.)
Cadastral Survey of the Year Award
The Cadastral Survey of the Year Award recognises the outstanding cadastral surveys that have been carried out by cadastral surveyors.
- For entry details see the Cadastral Stream page.
New Zealand Spatial Excellence Awards (NZSEA)
S+SNZ is a founding partner of NZSEA - a joint venture between the spatial profession, business and government. The awards are open to all sectors, disciplines and communities that make up the spatial industry. They recognise the best, the high achievers, and the contributors who set the benchmarks that others will follow - becoming the role models for the next generation of our profession. Find out more: www.nzsea.org