Writing resource consents is like writing a story, the scene has to be set, threads drawn together and finally a solid conclusion to end. This is a skill to be learnt and success depends on the quality of many factors the language used, the style of writing, the report structure and finally how all the threads come together to justify the granting of consent. This webinar is your chance to fine tune all these elements and will cover such important items as:
- how to assess the activity status of an application
- the relevance of objectives and policies
- how to write a really good rule compliance assessment
- how to pitch your proposal so that consenting officers completely understand what is being applied for
- why you get Section 92 requests
- the importance of 3D plan presentation to help accelerate understanding of the effects of the proposal
- why you should be concise and avoid saying too much.
- how to write better non notification and decision making sections
- the art of writing conditions of consent as mitigation measures.
The webinar will also cover good and bad examples of consent report preparation. Writing good consents is an essential skill and this webinar is highly recommended as an opportunity to enhance your reputation for delivering quality applications. It would be an advantage if the recent report writing webinar was reviewed prior to the consents webinar.Presented by Mark Ashby from Andrew Stewart Ltd. Mark has over twenty five years comprehensive experience in consulting, and in local, regional and central government. He has worked on planning projects throughout NZ, Australia and Brunei. His skills include resource consent acquisition, the preparation of effects assessments, site/scheme options assessments, district and regional planning, project team management, policy analysis and development, peer reviews, synopses of submissions, general research work and preparation and presentation of expert evidence.
Registration Fee: NZIS Members $20+gst; Non-members $30+gst.
When you receive your email confirmation it will include a link to the pre-recorded event.
The webinar is recorded in a high quality format that can be viewed via a secure web link from any device i.e. PC, Laptop, IPad, Smart Phone etc. similar to TV on demand.